Monday, October 4, 2010

How do we get there? (Or better yet, where are we going?)

A (sort of) introduction...


Ever find yourself just driving along, completely absorbed in some random thought, and then you wake up, shocked at where you are and how you got there?  (And especially shocked that you're not unconsious in a ditch somewhere after running off the road).

Although I pride myself on my driving skills, it happens to me quite a bit, not only on the road, but in other areas of my life.  Often times, I feel my eyes refocus from the haze of my daydreams, and feel the swift kick of panic set in.  How did I get here?  

It's a scary feeling, especially if where you find yourself is far, far from where you'd intended to be.  I'm working on my Master's, working full time, and trying to juggle the demands of everyday life with the creative urges that taunt me in the middle of a boring work day.  The things we "must" do versus the things we "want" to do become harder and harder to manage.

A Splendid Place is my way of getting closer to doing the things I love and enjoy, nevermind the day job, the papers that must be written, or the growing "to-do" list.  It's about helping others and helping myself at the same time. 

I'll be sharing projects, ideas, and thoughts along the way.  I'd love it if you'd follow along.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for writing that ending .... same here. May we all be set free one day to do the things we want: Be Creative and be able to support ourselves from it. Oh well, until then ... Great Post!!!

    ReplyDelete